Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It's true what they say about waffles: indoor ones are better than outdoor ones. Why is that? If you buy one from a van or stand with no seating, they're sweet and dense. My teeth practically hum their displeasure at me. If you get one in a restaurant, they're significantly less sweet and airier. Is this because you can't keep eggs fresh in a vehicle? Is there some Guild of the Wafflers that has a code of conduct specifying the exact ingredients to be used by the different purveyors? I'll have to look more closely at the symbols on the guildhalls in the Grand Place to see if any includes the telltale cross hatch of the Wafflers. Maybe I can infiltrate their ranks by flashing their gang sign--three fingers of both hands overlapping each other at right angles--and blow the cover off their whole nefarious operation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so heartily disagree with this it's not even funny. I found the van-distributed waffles to be a delectable treat, a veritable cornucopia of delight. A cascade of yumminess.

ms said...

Call me when you get out of your van-waffle-induced sugar high, which clearly caused the delirium which infects this comment, and we'll talk.

Anonymous said...

I can't hear you over the sound of my teeth melting.